Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MQ

  1. Visual: I saw a few clouds just now that had some images hidden inside them. Some of the things that I saw inside those clouds are a wolf's head, a key, a hammer, and a few other animals like a rabbit, a dog, and a giraffe.
  2. Aural: I was standing beside the SEPTA tracks listening to the trains driving along the tracks. It makes a very loud clicking sound that reminds me of a gear turning in a factory. This rhythmic sound makes me think of a chant being performed by monks or lamas or something like that. I imagine someone in a yoga position repeating a rhythmic chant over and over again.
  3. Faith: I'm thinking of the superstitious saying "knocking on wood" when not wanting to jinx a situation. Obviously it always brings to mind a fist knocking on a piece of wood like a block of 2"x4". But one image that this always brings to mind is one of my hockey team and our games. I think this is so because my friend (who is on my team) and I always use that phrase when we're talking about upcoming games as to not jinx our performance.
  4. Curating: Two works of fine art that I'm very fond of are "Mystery and Melancholy on a Street" by Giorgio de Chirico and "Composition X" by Wassily Kandinsky. Some connections that I can definitely make between these two paintings are certain colors and shapes. They have very geometric shapes and share some dark colors in common. Another connection can be made is the style in which these paintings were made. Both are very abstract in the way they're made. De Chirico's work is similar to real world structures, but it is still a very surreal and abstract work and Kandinsky's work is just plain abstract from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment