Saturday, June 26, 2010

Smoke Art (Brain Bank 6/25)


Similar to yesterday's brain bank post, I discovered this image today while surfing through a gallery of a specific art niche. I discovered this image while looking through a gallery on the site oddee.com about amazing smoke images. This image really amazed me for several reasons. The way smoke floats and dissipates into the air always creates the most amazing swirls and designs. This image is no exception. It immediately reminds me of the old Japanese printwork of the large tidal wave. Another thing that really strikes me about this image is the color. The contrast of the white smoke on the total black background makes this image even more amazing. I also love the black and white aspect with almost no grays. It's such an amazing popping image.

No comments:

Post a Comment