Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beach Sand (Brain Bank 6/23)


Today, I spent the day at the beach in Wildwood, New Jersey with my girlfriend. The entire day, from the drive on the Atlantic City Expressway to the time spent on the beach and boardwalk, I kept a keen eye out to find anything inspiring. Sadly, I believe I was looking too hard because nothing much jumped out at me. However, one thing that did make me stop and admire it was something that I didn't expect.
I found that when standing at the edge of the beach near the water where there is just about a half inch of water covering the sand, you see the most interesting shapes and designs in the sand under that thin layer of water. The best of these shapes and designs appeared in the early afternoon while the sun was high above the beach. It is mesmerizing to just stare as the water flows back and forth and these shapes and designs change and morph into anything your imagination can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment