Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Clouds (Brain Bank 6/22)

Earlier tonight as I was driving home from my hockey game, I saw a very inspiring cloud in the sky. It had rained about an hour and a half earlier then the sun had come back out so the air was still very heavy and muggy and huge clouds were still in the sky. There was a particular cloud over the horizon directly in the direction I was driving that seemed monumental. It seemed as if it were sculpted from a block of marble. It was pure white, but it had highlights of deep deep red along the upper portions of the cloud from the sun. This cloud was in the distance and I believe a storm was still going on there because the bottom of the cloud had an occasional flash from lightning strikes. These lightning strikes all flashed the same deep red color on the bottom of the cloud so at times the cloud seemed to be all red with light white highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment